Get to understand Team SG better with a couple of enjoyable truths. Want Caroline Reilly (or Kelci, Gabi, Taylor, and Allie!) to look for you? Find out more here. 25 things to learn about guyss personal stylist Caroline Reilly:
1. I have a law degree from Boston College Law School.
2. I have an Italian Greyhound named Rocko.
3. Im enthusiastic about reproductive rights and justice.
In law school, I worked at the ACLU.
4. My celebrity crush is Peter OToole.
5. My favorite thing to splurge on is lingerie.
Which methods, if youre searching for romantic present ideas for your better half, Ive got recs!
Try La Perla, Cuccia, Simone Perele, The Great Eros, Fleur Du Mal, and Negative Underwear.
Negative Underwear Non-Wire 2.0 bra, $60.
6. I have a health condition called endometriosis, and Im enthusiastic about raising awareness for much better care. You can read my handle SG about how to be an excellent partner to somebody with endo right here on SG.
7. As a journalist, among my favorite things to do is interview costume designers about the menswear looks they develop.
Ive talked to the costume designers for Succession, The Young Pope, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Irishman, and The Nanny.
8. My preferred location on the planet is coastal Maine.
More just recently, though, my endometriosis expert lies simply outside of Portland and finding him has actually been a game changer for my lifestyle, so it now holds a much more special place in my heart..
Something about the sea air, the slower rate, and the stunning landscapes simply makes me feel so in the house.
My family has vacationed on the coast of southern Maine for as long as I can remember, primarily in the York Harbor and Ogunquit areas.
9. Im the descendant of a tailor who made suits for FDR.
10. My first job in journalism remained in college at Frontline, the PBS documentary series.
I started working in audience advancement and social media. Between internships and summer jobs, I was there for about 2 years.
By the time I left I was just starting to get into writing pieces for the site, but then it was off to law school!
11. In college I also worked in a fancy fitting shop in Boston, which is where I discovered how to fit a fit.
12. Mentioning, my preferred party trick is that I can guess any mans jacket size just by taking a look at him.
13. My preferred meal is a tie between homemade chicken parm and broccoli rabe with pasta.
And yes, I am Italian. In case you werent sure.
14. My favorite author is Tennessee Williams, and my preferred book is his play The Rose Tattoo.
Its gritty and steamy and actually stunning.
15. My ideal Saturday? Sleeping in.
That includes rising no earlier than midday, a late breakfast, a journey to the city to store, and then home for a good huge house cooked meal.
bed linen: Brooklinen.
16. My most sentimental purchase is my Rolex Datejust that I bought after among my endometriosis surgical treatments.
I conserved up for it for a year and use it every single day with pride.
17. My go-to fragrance is Chanel N ° 22. Ive been using it since high school.
Throughout my freshman and sophomore years, I went to school in Boston and I d go search around after classes.
Its like a somewhat more powder-y version of the renowned No. 5 and lasts forever. Actually, sometimes I will shower in the evening and still smell it the next day.
One day, I entered into Chanel and got a lots of samples of this line of fragrances they have that you can just purchase in the store or through Chanel solely. I quickly fell in love with 22.
18. My grandmother, the “Caroline” in Caroline Reilly, was a menswear lover as well. She would keep a box of ties to offer away as gifts.
19. I recently spoke with Donald Sutherland about his personal style.
Donald f * cking Sutherland! What an icon.
20. My academic writing on abortion access has actually made national recognition and my health journalism on endometriosis recently won a digital reporting award.
21. Ive never ever gotten a manicure. When it comes to nails, Im a DIY gal.
Not bad, ideal?
When it pertains to nail polish I like to spend lavishly. I wear practically specifically Chanel (I know, I understand). Their La Base makes a best gift as it can be used under other colors or on its own.
22. My preferred programs are The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Succession, Bordertown, and The Bridge.
23. I much prefer winter to hot.
To be honest I get seasonal impact disorder in the dead of summertime sometimes.
24. I utilized to be seriously into ballet, and I took it three to 4 nights a week.
Were talking, hours-long practice. A lot so that I never ever had to play sports in school, I constantly simply filled the requirement with dance.
25. I think the most popular thing a man can wear is a crisp white set of cotton boxers.
Entireworld underpants, $20.
Meet more members of Team SG!
You can read my take on SG about how to be a good partner to someone with endo right here on SG.
Ive been using it since high school.
Be familiar with Kelci, Gabi, Taylor, and Allie.
All set to upgrade your closet? Head to our service page to see how SG can assist.
My granny, the “Caroline” in Caroline Reilly, was a menswear fan. Ive never ever gotten a manicure. I wear nearly exclusively Chanel (I know, I understand).